Blog posts by RF is a blog written by Rafinka, Early Childhood professional who's passion is not only for children but the beauty world such as makeup , skin care etc.

Friday 4 December 2015

Cruelty free makeup


Hello! I've been planning on writing this blog post for ages now. I know that this is a very touchy subject to talk about. I want to make sure that I'm no expert so what I wrote is a mix of my opinion and facts I've found through other sources. I also want to make sure that everyone is entitled for their choices. 




CRUELTY FREE MAKEUP

I've been trying my best to only purchase cruelty free makeup for at least 3 months. Why? I feel like it is unfair that these cute animals suffer in order for me to look good. How testing on animal works? Manufacturers would drop a chemical on a rat/rabbit's eye to see how long it will take for it to burn the cornea. If getting shampoo in your eye hurts, imagine this. Manufacturers does have a choice whether to use animal to test or not because now human skin cultures can be grown and purchased for skin irritation testing.  By using this method it's actually faster and more accurate at predicting human reactions to a product than the old animal tests ever were. 

Watch this video , this is one of the videos I've watched that truly breaks my heart.


Mac is one of the top brand that isn't cruelty free which is heartbreaking! most of the popular drugstore makeup brand is not cruelty free either. It's super easy to check whether the make up you're planning to buy is cruelty free or not. They usually have it on their packaging or you can easily google it. 

This is a great website if you want to learn more about it!


My favorite cruelty free makeup brand :
Tarte
Too faced
Urban decay
Silky girl
Catrice
NYX

The best way to stop companies from using animals is to refuse to purchase their products

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me

About me
Rafinka, an Early Childhood professional where makeup is a passion and junk food eating is a hobby

Thank you!

Popular Posts